Introduction: Industrial units and warehouses are crucial in commerce, providing storage, logistics, and production facilities for businesses across various industries. When constructing new industrial units, choosing flooring is a significant decision. Tarmac resurfacing, a cost-effective and durable option, offers numerous benefits for newly built industrial units. In this blog post, Ipswich Driveway Solutions explores the advantages of tarmac resurfacing and why it’s an excellent choice for new industrial builds.
The Importance of Industrial Flooring
Industrial flooring is the foundation for the entire operation, making it a critical component of any industrial unit. The flooring must withstand heavy machinery, forklifts, high foot traffic, and potentially harsh chemical spills. It should also be easy to maintain and repair, ensuring minimal business downtime.
Advantages of Tarmac Resurfacing for New Build Industrial Units
- Durability: Tarmac is renowned for its exceptional durability, withstanding heavy loads and constant wear and tear. It can handle the demands of industrial operations effectively.
- Smooth Surface: Tarmac provides a smooth and level surface, facilitating the safe movement of machinery and equipment within the industrial unit. This minimises the risk of accidents and damage to goods.
- Quick Installation: Tarmac resurfacing is relatively quick to install, reducing construction time and allowing businesses to begin operations sooner.
- Low Maintenance: Tarmac requires minimal maintenance, saving businesses time and money on upkeep. Regular cleaning and occasional resealing are sufficient to keep it in excellent condition.
- Resistance to Chemicals: Tarmac is resistant to various chemicals and oils commonly found in industrial settings, ensuring the longevity of the flooring.
- Cost-Effective: Tarmac resurfacing is a cost-effective flooring option, offering a high return on investment due to its durability and minimal maintenance requirements.
- Environmental Benefits: Tarmac is an eco-friendly choice as it can be recycled and reused, reducing its environmental impact.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Tarmac can be customised with various finishes, including coloured tarmac or decorative aggregates, to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the industrial unit.
Tarmac Resurfacing Process
- Surface Preparation: The existing surface is thoroughly cleaned, repaired, and levelled to ensure a smooth and even base.
- Tarmac Application: Hot tarmac mix is applied and spread evenly across the prepared surface using specialised equipment.
- Compaction: The tarmac is compacted using heavy rollers to achieve the desired density and smoothness.
- Finish Options: Various finish options, such as coloured tarmac or decorative aggregates, can be applied during installation to meet specific aesthetic preferences.
- Sealing: Sealing the tarmac surface can further enhance its durability and resistance to stains and wear.
Conclusion: When it comes to newly built industrial units, choosing the right flooring is paramount. Tarmac resurfacing offers various benefits, including durability, low maintenance, and cost-effectiveness, making it an ideal choice for industrial flooring. Invest in tarmac resurfacing for your newly built industrial unit and enjoy a long-lasting, high-performance flooring solution that supports your business’s success.